Ask a question

Ask The Community

Latest Questions

Special "New Caution" About Buying Brokered Cds
Posted by: paoli2  |   16 votes  |  4 answers
Folks, I found out some information this week which I think needs sharing. I have never had a concern about buying brokered CDs for my spouse's Rollover IRA since upon maturity the... read more
Is This Email Misleading/Dishonest?
Posted by: willy12  |   2 votes  |  1 answer
Today is twice I got what I consider misleading emails from All American Bank. Its probably their billpay provider but nonetheless. I don't consider this spam to be important and... read more
Ally Missing Billpayment
Posted by: willy12  |   2 votes  |  8 answers
I sent a neighbor $50 via ally billpay. He never got it. I disputed it. Got an email today that they want me to register to open whatever the heck they sent me. Of course, they t... read more
Are Any Banks Or Credit Union Offering Add-On Cds?
Posted by: ORInvestor  |   3 votes  |  4 answers
Other than Navy CU and Mountain America are any banks currently offering add-on Cds?... read more
Add On Cds
Posted by: SMT1  |   1 vote  |  2 answers
Is there a current list of Banks and Credit Unions offering Add On CDs? Would be a great list to review in light of potential falling interest rates.... read more
Ally Bank Ach Transfers
Posted by: hank  |   2 votes  |  4 answers
I have been using Ally bank for many years. They say that they have 3 day ACH transfers as well as next day transfer. Every time I do transfer it says it is a 3 day transfer. How d... read more
HSA Cds -- Who Offers Them?
Posted by: racecar  |   4 votes  |  16 answers
Please post here if you know of any CUs or banks that offer HSA CDs -- as long as there are no fees (ie, no yearly, or monthly fees for the HSA account). Since HSA savings rates a... read more
Was My Interest Calculated Correctly?
Posted by: willy12  |   1 vote  |  6 answers
It probably was but I wanted to ask. $150k at 5 per cent in a 7 month CD. (matured yesterday) I figured it would be $625 per month times 7 months. Which is $4375. The credit u... read more
Do Any Banks Offer Inherited Traditional IRA's Where Interest Can Be Withdrawn?
Posted by: John Sears  |   1 vote  |  10 answers
My late Dad set up IRA's for me and my brother, I got in on a 5 year CD with Ally Bank with a 2 mo. EWP.  However, I am only able to take out the RMD each year (about $5K) and... read more
A Little Confused
Posted by: Kato  |   2 votes  |  1 answer
So the other day (March 7) I Deposited money into my high yield savings account. In the account activity I see the deposit and in my transaction history I can see that the money wa... read more
Moving HSA Account
Posted by: Aggie  |   2 votes  |  2 answers
Has anyone moved from HSA bank to Fidelity HSA account?... read more
Anyone Considering Fixed Rate Annuities (MYGA's)?
Posted by: DarbyBoy  |   2 votes  |  3 answers
As it is becoming more difficult to find longer term CD's for my ladder, I wonder why the community here is not talking more about the possibilities of fixed rate annuities. These ... read more
Alaskausa Membership Requirements
Posted by: piton  |   2 votes  |  0 answers
Anybody have experience becoming a member of alaskaUsa FCU using a qualified family member that lives in their area? They state, " You can become a member of Alaska USA Federal C... read more
Question About How Interest Is Computed For Reward Checking Accounts
Posted by: RJM  |   3 votes  |  1 answer
Most of them have limits. Say $25k and over that you earn nearly nothing. My question is, rather than $25k for the entire month could I opt for $50k for half the month to get the ... read more
I Don't Understand How The Amount Of Interest Is Calculated When One Searches Deposit Rates On This Website
Posted by: HollyHolly  |   1 vote  |  3 answers
When one searches for deposit rates on this website, opposite the name of the bank or credit union in the list is the amount that would be earned for a deposit. I don't understand ... read more
Has Anyone Taken Out Contributions (Not Earnings) From A Roth IRA Before 59 1/2? What Is The Proper Way To Have The IRS Not Impose The Penalty?
Posted by: nao597  |   2 votes  |  7 answers
I never thought I would have to touch it early but had some major unexpected medical expenses in the family in 2018. Contributions are supposedly able to be withdrawn penalty-free ... read more
1995 Series EE Saving Bond Redeem Or Hold
Posted by: t3taylor  |   1 vote  |  2 answers
I have a $50 US Saving bond issued 04-1995. According to the Treasury Direct website: Denom: $50 Issued Date: 04/1995 Next Accrual: 03/2019 Final Maturity: 04/2025 Issuing ... read more
How Many Of You Have Left A Credit Union Once You Have No More Use For Them?
Posted by: denki  |   5 votes  |  5 answers
How many of you have left a credit union you joined once you have no more use for them? Though I belong to nine credit unions now, I also left 3 of them in my lifetime That was pro... read more
IRA CD Transfer Within Same CU Subject To 10% Penalty?
Posted by: barry_NY  |   2 votes  |  1 answer
I just had a big argument with my CU over my IRA CDs. I was converting a no-penalty IRA CD into a higher interest no-penalty CD. No problem. But I also wanted to add to the CD the ... read more
Fidelity Cash Management Account
Posted by: garlen  |   2 votes  |  7 answers
Is anybody using a Fidelity Investments' Cash Management Account along with a brokerage account to replace their checking account? --> The CMA behaves like a bank checking account ... read more

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact [email protected] to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.