For the past 67 years, credit unions have celebrated International Credit Union Day on the third Thursday in October. This has grown into "Credit Union Week," a time when credit unions reach out to their membership and community.
Credit Union Week is often celebrated with free cupcakes and other goodies available at branch locations, and occasionally with some type of financial incentive. Vantage West Credit Union (Vantage West CU) is offering a variety of "sweet deals" to celebrate Credit Union Week 2015.
25-month CD, 1.50% APY
- Minimum opening deposit of $1K new money, with no balance cap.
- According to CSR, the Early Withdrawal Penalty is "1.5% of the principal + $25."
- Available October 12-17, 2015.
Premium Checking $50 Bonus
- Within 60 days of account opening, complete monthly direct deposit totaling $500+, 20 or more debit card transactions, and enroll in eStatements.
- $50 will be deposited within 60 days of account opening.
- Account must remain opening for minimum of 6 months; if account is closed early, the $50 bonus will be removed,
- Account must be in good standing at the time of bonus being awarded.
- Limit of one new Premium Checking account per member.
- Promotion ends December 31, 2015.
Premium Savings $100 Restaurant.com Gift Card
- Minimum opening deposit of $500.
- Deposit a minimum of $5K of new money within 10 business days of account opening.
- Required deposit must be maintained for 90 days following deposit.
- $100 restaurant gift card will be mailed 90 days from date of required deposit.
- Account must remain open for 6 months; if account is closed early, $100 will be debited from the account.
- Limit of one per membership.
- Promotion valid through December 31, 2015.
Fast Start IRA $50 Bonus
- Account must remain open for 6 months; if closed early, $50 will be debited from account and an Early Withdrawal Penalty will be applied.
- $50 bonus will be deposited into IRA 90 days after account opening.
- $50 bonus not available for withdrawal for 180 days following its deposit.
- Promotion valid through April 15, 2016.
- Limit of one bonus per member.
Vantage West CU will also deposit $5 to Regular Share accounts to fund new memberships.
Headquartered in Tucson, Vantage West CU membership is primarily residency based, with individuals who reside, work, worship, attend school or volunteer in the following areas eligible to join:
1) Cochise, Maricopa, Pima, and Pinal Counties,
2) Gila River Indian Community Reservation, and
3) Arizona’s "Copper Basin" Area.
In addition, most active, retired, separated, civilian employees and military dependents of U.S. Armed Forces members who are or were stationed at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base are eligible for membership. Complete qualification details are listed on the Join Vantage West page.
Joining Vantage West CU can be done online, but all the above listed special offers must be opened at any of 18 Arizona branches located in Casa Grande, Catalina, Phoenix (2), San Manuel, Tombstone, and Tucson (12).
Credit Union Overview
Vantage West Credit Union has an overall health grade of "A+" at DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas ratio of 5.29% (excellent) based on June 30, 2015 data. In the past year, Vantage West CU has increased its total deposits by $162.94 Million, an excellent annual growth rate of 14.28%. Please refer to our financial overview of Vantage West Credit Union for more details.
Vantage West Credit Union (NCUA Certificate # 68558) was originally chartered in 1955 as the DMAFB Federal Credit Union for the benefit of military and civilian personnel at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. In the past 60 years, the field of membership has been expanded several times, with a conversion in 2006 to a state charter being the most comprehensive. In August 2006, the Credit Union was re-christened Vantage West Credit Union to better represent the new membership guidelines. Following two mergers in 2010 and 2014 with First Edition Community Credit Union and Tombstone Federal Credit Union, respectively, Vantage West CU is Arizona’s 3rd largest credit union, with over 134,000 members and assets in excess of $1.5 Billion.
How the CD Compares
When compared to the 176 similar length-of-term CDs tracked by DepositAccounts.com, that require a similar minimum deposit and available to Arizona residents, Vantage West Credit Union's 25-month Share Certificate Special currently ranks second.
The above rates are accurate as of 10/12/2015.
To look for the best nationwide CD rates and the best CD rates in your state, please refer to our CD rates table.