Get closer to your next getaway - $350 with qualifying activities.
How to Earn the $350 Bonus
- Open a new HBSC Choice Checking, Advance, or Premier account between September 6, 2016 and November 18, 2016.
- At least two bill payments from the new HBSC checking account using HSBC’s online Bill Pay for three consecutive months within 120 days of account opening, OR
- At least one qualifying Direct Deposit per month into the new HBSC checking account for three consecutive months within 120 days of account opening, with a minimum cumulative of $3k.
- The $350 bonus will be deposited in the new HBSC checking account approximately eight weeks following completion of the above requirements.
- Customers who "held any HSBC personal account between June 6, 2016 and September 6, 2016 are not eligible for this offer."
- Checking account must be open and in good standing when the $350 bonus is deposited.
- Limit of one $350 bonus per customer.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other deposit account opening offers
Complete details about the three checking accountsare available on the Bank’s website.
Many thanks to DA reader, RJM, for posting about HSBC's latest checking bonus in the Forum.
Note: While the offer seems straightforward, with qualifications clearly spelled-out, you may want to read the Comments section from my September 2015 blog post about an earlier HSBC checking bonus, and the comments in response to RJM’s recent Forum post. It’s a collection of the good, the bad, and the curious.
Applying for the $350 HSBC checking bonus can be done online or at any of 246 branches located in California (35), Connecticut (3), District of Columbia (2), Delaware (1), Florida (17), Maryland (3), New Jersey (9), New York (164), Pennsylvania (2), Virginia (6), and Washington (4).
You can also apply by phone (844.350.HSBC).
While most of us consider applying online to be a “real-time” activity, the HSBC promotion page warns,
Please note that online applications may take up to 72 hours to be reviewed.
HSBC (FDIC Certificate # 57890) has an overall health rating of "A" on DepositAccounts.com, with a Texas Ratio of 7.61% (excellent), based on June 30, 2016 data. In the past year, HSBC increased its total deposits by $13.14 billion, an excellent annual growth rate of 9.53%. HSBC also has an excellent capitalization level of 12.9%, a result of holding $190.5 Billion in assets, with $24.58 Billion in equity. Please refer to our financial overview of HSBC for more details.
How HSBC’s $350 Checking Bonus Compares
Opening a Choice Checking account is probably the most economic way to earn the $350 bonus, as it requires a $1.5k minimum balance, as opposed to the much higher minimum balances required by the HSBC Advance and Premier accounts.
Other Promotions and Bonuses
Not eligible for the HSBC $350 checking bonus? Check out my latest bank and credit union bonus blog posts to find other promotions. In addition, DepositAccounts.com readers and I also post often on bonuses in the Bank Promotions Forum.