Start a conversation

Miscellaneous

Latest Discussions

Free IMMEDIATE Transfers From Your Account At One Credit Union To Another Credit Union
Posted by: me1004  |   14 votes  |  8 comments
Just another benefit of having accounts at credit unions rather than at banks: I have just learned of a free service offered for credit union accounts when your credit union is p... read more
Muni Money Market Funds
Posted by: deskandchairs  |   15 votes  |  4 comments
One alternative to bank and credit union deposits, sometimes referenced in DepositAccounts data, are mutual fund money market accounts (MMF), although uninsured. The funds endeavor... read more
RMD Holiday
Posted by: Bozo  |   16 votes  |  1 comment
Based on what I have read from several sources, the legislation to be voted on tomorrow by the House (and which should be signed by the President shortly thereafter) includes a "ho... read more
Nothing To See Here...From The FDIC!
Posted by: MAKNYC  |   5 votes  |  0 comments
Interpret it however you want, but to me clearly the FDIC is trying to avert runs that could easily overwhelm the puny insurance fund once the bad debts/loans are tallied. https:/... read more
It's Time To Allow (and Suspend Ewps On) Partial Withdrawals
Posted by: Bozo  |   12 votes  |  6 comments
I received a rather noncommittal response from NFCU today on my suggestion that NFCU suspend EWPs and allow partial withdrawals from CDs. Obviously, it is in NFCU's interest to hav... read more
NCUA Publication: Your Insured Funds
Posted by: alan1  |   10 votes  |  1 comment
I believe the National Credit Union Administration publication "Your Insured Funds" is the best non-legal, non-technical guide to NCUA deposit insurance. I will provide a link at t... read more
Level Bank A Fin-Tech Offering Hybrid Checking/Savings Account With 2.10% APY No Activites Required & 1% Debit Cashback With DD
Posted by: enduser  |   11 votes  |  1 comment
Not to be confused with Level One Bank. https://levelbank.com/ https://levelbank.com/faq checking/savings does not require any additional activities to earn stated APY 1% Cashba... read more
Answering Your Calls From Personal Home
Posted by: Aron123456  |   1 vote  |  0 comments
If any one that’s a current cit customer be aware that there having there customer service reps answer your calls from home . What that means they have the same access they would h... read more
Tortoise Or Hare?
Posted by: Bozo  |   9 votes  |  3 comments
In a decidedly unfunny day, herewith a bit of humor. I suspect many of us here at DA (given our obsession with CD ladders) might be considered investing tortoises. Those who inves... read more
General Warning About Money Market Funds (Non-Bank)
Posted by: MAKNYC  |   4 votes  |  0 comments
Think that brokerage money market fund is golden? At the risk of sounding alarmist, might I remind everyone of the risks inherent in presumed risk free investments. Money market f... read more
Why The Fed Rate Cut Will Inflate The Stock Bubble – And Cause It To Pop
Posted by: me1004  |   12 votes  |  2 comments
Good and interesting point in this article, noting that a Fed rate cut cannot improve the economy when the problem is a disease. A Fed rate cut is not going to do anything to eli... read more
Weiss Research Downgrades GTE
Posted by: Kaight  |   13 votes  |  12 comments
It is noteworthy that while Ken has maintained GTE Financial's safety rating at "B+", Weiss Research has just downgraded that same financial institution to a rating of "C".... read more
PSA: Changes To FDIC Insurance Coverage Rules Involving Beneficiaries
Posted by: MAKNYC  |   21 votes  |  9 comments
Today I received a communication from Ally bank detailing upcoming changes relating to FDIC requirements requiring banks to 'uniquely identify' beneficiaries on accounts to expedit... read more
ACH Limits
Posted by: djc314  |   4 votes  |  4 comments
I would be interested in hearing a conversation on this topic. With interest rates going down I am finding it difficult making external transfers even though I have set them up for... read more
2019 Int 1099 To Be Reissued
Posted by: csmith77  |   3 votes  |  3 comments
Dear Member, We have discovered an error while processing our 1099-INT forms for 2019. We have corrected the calculations and will be issuing new 1099-INT forms that will include t... read more
Beware Of A New Fake Bank Website
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   19 votes  |  1 comment
A reader emailed me about CD offers that are being promoted on a new website. The website was promoting CDs that included a 15-month CD with a 3.30% APY and a 9-month No-Penalty CD... read more
Nasa FCU Systems Error Has Improperly Charged A Fee To Checking Accounts
Posted by: me1004  |   8 votes  |  0 comments
Today I discovered that Nasa FCU charged an improper monthly fee to my checking account yesterday, Jan. 31. In calling in, CSR explained a systems error had done that to many accou... read more
It's Leap Year
Posted by: Bozo  |   10 votes  |  0 comments
Well, friends and neighbors, it's a leap year this year. You might notice a bit shorter interest credit on your CDs in January, as your financial institution may calculate daily in... read more
Ft. Knox FCU Has Changed Its Name To Abound CU
Posted by: me1004  |   15 votes  |  2 comments
As of today, Ft. Knox Federal Credit Union has changed its name to Abound Credit Union. https://www.fortknoxfcu.org/brand-video.html So, if you wanted to stay away from Ft. Knox... read more
Navigation
Posted by: Dogbite  |   1 vote  |  2 comments
I can't toggle between CD terms anymore.... read more

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact [email protected] to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.