Start a conversation

Miscellaneous

Latest Discussions

Sharonview Credit Union
Posted by: dave9354  |   25 votes  |  1 comment
Received two phone call from this credit union today. They offered to close my 4.00% cd without any penalty. Do they think I just fell off the turnip truck?!! They do this under th... read more
Missed Opportunity For Financial Institutions
Posted by: kcfield  |   8 votes  |  2 comments
Historically, when the Fed lowers interest rates; banks and credit unions understandably lower their rates as well. However, when the Fed lowered their rate to 0% in March of this ... read more
Financial Services Sector
Posted by: cdqueen  |   3 votes  |  5 comments
Customer service matters now more than ever. Managers and teams working from home should produce and promote efficient, reliable, timely redemptions and instrument transactions, no... read more
Care Act:For 2020
Posted by: Ratesaver  |   2 votes  |  3 comments
The care act allows you to not take your distribution of IRA's and 4o1ks ... Andrews FCU recently addressed this issue with a letter to not take or to take it. For the yr. 2020 if ... read more
The Potential Of Funding 1-3 Month CD's With A Credit Card
Posted by: deplorable_1  |   5 votes  |  29 comments
I thought maybe we could help each other out in identifying some 1-3 month CD's with cc funding potential. I know folks don't want to kill the deals but this post will soon get bur... read more
First Lockhart National Bank Lowers Rates And Increases Transactions
Posted by: csmith77  |   3 votes  |  0 comments
Effective September 16, 2020 the debit card transaction qualifying limit will revert to 15 on Kasasa accounts and 10 on the Rewards account. This change will be reflected on your O... read more
Maintaining A Long Term Focus
Posted by: kcfield  |   9 votes  |  2 comments
In our financial lives, a short term focus will result in an emotional roller coaster that rises and falls with the current state of the economy. Excellent stock returns and solid ... read more
Ally 1% Bonus Is Offered Approximately Every 2 Years
Posted by: enduser  |   6 votes  |  1 comment
I looked up the dates Ally offered the 1% bonus. Based on the two times they have done so it appears that they are doing it approximately every two years. The first time they offer... read more
Northern Bank/Northern Bank Direct Is Now Limiting Externally Linked Accounts
Posted by: deplorable_1  |   9 votes  |  2 comments
I just checked Northern to see the rate which is 1% currently and noticed this in my inbox: Dear Valued Customer, At Northern Bank, we are committed to providing our customers w... read more
Switching Gears In A Zero Interest Rate Environment
Posted by: kcfield  |   13 votes  |  16 comments
According to the CME Fed Watch Tool, the Fed rate is projected to remain at 0%--at least through March 17, 2021. Since savings and CD rates will very likely remain historically low... read more
Kinecta And Xceed Announce Planned Merger With Kinecta As The Survivor
Posted by: Choice  |   3 votes  |  7 comments
Why? A merger of non-equals? Upper NY members may not be too enamored with the lost of a namesake.... read more
Financial Institutions: Eroding Consumer Confidence Through Multiple Rate Reductions
Posted by: kcfield  |   6 votes  |  5 comments
It is expectable for banks and credit unions to significantly lower their savings account and CD rates in the midst of the 0% Fed interest rate environment. However, wise financial... read more
Got A Cold Call From Andrews Just Now.
Posted by: Jack11  |   7 votes  |  12 comments
I have a large CD maturing in mid Sept. The call was ONLY to see if I wanted to talk to one of their investment professionals. I said no and that was the end of the call. No menti... read more
Wells Falsely Reports Customers Requested Loan Payment Deferrals..
Posted by: Choice  |   1 vote  |  0 comments
NBCNews report...Could impact prior court agreements on post BK payment arrangements...and no notice!... read more
2020 Medicare Advantage Rates To Drop 23 Percent
Posted by: Ally6770  |   1 vote  |  9 comments
In 2020, the Medicare Advantage average monthly plan premium will drop to an estimated $23 – 14 percent lower than the $26.87 average in 2019 and the lowest average since 2007, the... read more
Northern Bank's Surprising 7.95% APY
Posted by: Test3  |   5 votes  |  0 comments
I'm surprised to see Northern Bank continuing to be a rate leader in these difficult times. The one cent interest payment at the end of June gives me a 7.95% APY. ;-)... read more
Rewards Checking Gimmick
Posted by: diamondx  |   12 votes  |  7 comments
I'm sure the banks & cu's will not like my thoughts on these rca gimmicks. Some are offering over 4% interest up to a certain $ amount IF you jump thru ALL the hoops /rules they ha... read more
Sofi Money Routing Number Changing 9/30/20
Posted by: pgroove_fan  |   4 votes  |  1 comment
Email just received from SoFi that they are changing partner banks and that my routing number will change on 9/30. The new partner bank is Bancorp Bank. The email has a link for o... read more
Andrews FCU Annual Meeting
Posted by: Kaight  |   14 votes  |  2 comments
The meeting was conducted yesterday online. It lasted less than one hour. There was studied attention throughout to results and outcomes through December 31, 2019, with much discus... read more
Old Documents CD Rates Memory Lane
Posted by: enduser  |   10 votes  |  3 comments
While cleaning out some old bank documents I ran across two different CD's that I had; one was with WaMu, and the second was with Countrywide. I was shocked to see the higher rates... read more

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact [email protected] to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.