Start a conversation

Miscellaneous

Latest Discussions

I Agree With What MILT Suggests
Posted by: bobert  |   3 votes  |  0 comments
I agree with what MILT suggests.  Also - can you please reverse the order of this OPEN DISCUSSION thread.  When I click on the link to get here, I'm not really interest i... read more
4.00% Reward Checking Guaranteed to May 31st at Adams Bank and Trust in NE and CO - Local Only
Posted by: Ken Tumin  |   1 vote  |  0 comments
The bank just extended its rate guaranteed which is not too common these days. Refer to my Adams Bank review for more details.... read more
2.00% 13-Month CD at Commercial Bank in TN and KY - Local Only
Bank's two special CD rates have fallen, but they're still competitive: 1.75% APY 9-month and 2.00% APY 13-month. Refer to my Commercial Bank review for the full details.... read more
Investment Checking Minimum Opening Deposit $7
Posted by: Anonymous  |   -3 vote  |  1 comment
Investment Checking Minimum Opening Deposit $7,500.00 $.00-$7,499.99 .00% .00% None     $7,500.00- $14,999.99 1.15% 1.16%       $15,000.00- $2... read more
BankOn's Internet Savings Account Rate is Still Over 2% - Only Certain States
BankOn continues to offer a 2.05% Savings Account. There's also a new account bonus, but this has gone down to $25. This savings account is only available for Colorado, Kansas, Mis... read more
FNCB Cuts Rates on ME Savings Account and Reward Checking
FNCB slashed the Maximum Earnings Savings Account rate to 1.25% APY (was 1.75%). The rate of its reward checking, ME Checking, fell to 3.04% APY (was 4.01%). Refer to my FNCB ME Ch... read more
Personal Checking Accounts Show Rates As High As 7
Posted by: Ricochet  |   1 vote  |  0 comments
Personal Checking Accounts show rates as high as 7.50% DepositAccounts "Decimals Gone Wild"... read more
State Bank of Toledo Cuts Reward Checking Balance Cap to $25K
State Bank of Toledo's reward checking account had a $70K balance cap for over two years. They have just cut it to $25K. So their top rate of 2.51% APY now only applies to balances... read more
3.56% 5-year CD and 3.30% 4-year CD Continue at Qualtrust CU in Dallas - Local Only
Qualtrust Credit Union continues to offer top long-term CD and IRA rates as of 1/19/2010. Refer to my December review for more details.... read more
Today's Arizona Daily Star Newspaper In Tucson Contains An Ad From Vantage West Credit Union For A
Posted by: Anonymous  |   2 votes  |  0 comments
Today's Arizona Daily Star newspaper in Tucson contains an ad from Vantage West Credit Union for a 3% APY 18-month I.R.A. share certificate.  $500 minimum balance; no maximum ... read more
What Ever Happened To The Tip Jar
Posted by: Anonymous  |   6 votes  |  0 comments
What ever happened to the tip jar, where those of us who appreciate Banking Guy's service could contribute to his own financial well-being?... read more
Need "Day Of Week" With The Date
Posted by: Bugs  |   2 votes  |  0 comments
need "day of week" with the date... read more
CNB Bank Direct Cuts Savings Account Yield to 1.50%
The savings account had been 1.70% APY. It's another major rate cut from a former rate leader. Refer to account review for details and rate history.... read more
2.25% 16-Month CD Continues at Dollar Savings Direct
I just called Dollar Savings Direct, and I was told the 16-month CD still has a 2.25% APY as of 1/16/2010. For some reason they stopped listing this CD on their website several mon... read more
There Seems To Be Several Errors In Rate Tables For Rcas
Posted by: 51hh  |   2 votes  |  0 comments
There seems to be several errors in rate tables for RCAs: For example, NewportFed (RI): e-Checking, it should be 2.5% APR; not 10% (I wish):D... read more
Hi Banking Guy
Posted by: Anonymous  |   -1 vote  |  0 comments
Hi Banking Guy. How come Incredible Bank's eletronics checking account, which earns 2.02% APY, is not listed on your list of checking accounts? It's not listed under either Persona... read more
Bob, Thanks For The Feedback
Posted by: Anonymous  |   5 votes  |  0 comments
Bob, thanks for the feedback. I'm afraid we had some problems in the transition. There was a sorting issue that put old posts in the headlines. I think we fixed this, but I'll keep... read more
Disservice To Readers
Posted by: bobert  |   -1 vote  |  0 comments
Disservice to Readers - Ken, I'm one of your biggest fans, but two things here drive me crazy: 1) Teaser Ads - Like Omni's 5% (oh, BTW ...only on $1K) - please do not even post... read more
Flagstar Direct Slashes Its Money Market Rates
Its Express Money Market yield has fallen from 1.06% to 0.61% APY (1.25% to 0.75% for $100K+). I'm not sure what's going on at Flagstar. Rates have been going up and down. In Decem... read more
Rio Bank in Texas Slashes Its Reward Checking Rate
It's now 3.50% APY for balances up to $25K. It had been 5.50% APY for the last 18 months. In the last several months, this 5.50% was one of the highest reward checking rates in the... read more

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact [email protected] to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.