Ask a question

Ask The Community

Latest Questions

Pen Fed Early Withdrawal Penalty
Posted by: Ltssharon  |   2 votes  |  2 answers
I was thinking of buying some Penfed cds in April, 2022. But just now I looked at their early withdrawal penalties on their longer cds. The penalty is 30 percent of the interest yo... read more
Automatic Renewal No Thanks
Posted by: Ltssharon  |   6 votes  |  5 answers
I followed up and bought the teachers fed cu 22 month cd. Than they sent me a contract to sign and return. On the contract they had typed that I wanted automatic renewal at maturit... read more
Concerns About ACH Transfer Limits
Posted by: BillA  |   1 vote  |  2 answers
I was surprised to see so many ACH transfer limitations. For example, at NASA FCU the daily outgoing ACH limit for members (not new) is $10,000 daily and $25,000 monthly. There's n... read more
How To Report Interest From 1099 OID
Posted by: PS88  |   2 votes  |  5 answers
I opened a 16 mo, $100,000 CD at a regular FDIC insured American bank. Come January when 1099’s are mailed, I received a 1099 OID for that acct. When I contacted the bank, from the... read more
How Much Extra NCUA Insurance For Living Trust?
Posted by: me1004  |   2 votes  |  1 answer
I'm having a living trust made now. The idea is it will be used as the beneificary on accounts from now on. When I list a living trust as the beneficiary, does that count as one ... read more
Has Anyone Heard Of A Bank/CU Refusing To Close A CD Early?
Posted by: senda  |   1 vote  |  2 answers
I know CDs have Early Withdrawal Penalties (EWPs) for closing or taking out funds before maturity. But has anyone ever heard of a Bank or Credit Union where they refused to either... read more
Ibond Issue Date Isn't On Their Chart- I Am Missing Something And Baffled
Posted by: Ltssharon  |   1 vote  |  5 answers
Hi. I bought i bonds oct 27, 2021. I am attempting to use the treasury direct ibond rate chart, but am stumped and feel stupid (but am rather used to that). Here is the url to t... read more
I Bond Purchase Scheme?
Posted by: Nonchalance  |   1 vote  |  11 answers
I want to use my tax refund to purchase $5,000 worth of I Bonds. I computed my taxes and have, in round numbers, a $1,000 refund due. Before I file, can I make an estimated tax pay... read more
Annuities Vs Cds
Posted by: CDmanFL  |   4 votes  |  5 answers
Thanks to this website, I’ve locked most of my money in 5 year CDs maturing in late 2023 and the first half of 2024. Like my fellow savers here, we’re all hoping that CD rates rise... read more
2021 1099'S For Merrick Bank?
Posted by: CDInvestor1  |   3 votes  |  5 answers
It is February 8 and I still haven't received my 1099 from Merrick Bank. I know of one other investor who hasn't received theirs from Merrick Bank, either. I messaged the bank, and... read more
Deposit Accounts App
Posted by: Cdbob  |   2 votes  |  1 answer
I’m having trouble finding a depositaccounts.com app. I searched the Apple App Store and nothing comes up. I have the app on my android tablet but can’t find one to download to my ... read more
I Cannot Find The "World Map" I Used To Look At During The Night
Posted by: Ltssharon  |   1 vote  |  1 answer
I used to go to cnbc or nasdaq or someplace on the internet during the nighttime and find a map of the world. Each country would be colored either, I think, green or red, with a pe... read more
Ibond Limits For A Personal Account And A Trust Account, Both With The Same Ssn
Posted by: Ltssharon  |   1 vote  |  17 answers
I need to know if I can buy $20000 worth of ibonds in a calendar year if: I have an individual account, I also have just opened a trust account (I am the trustee as well as the ma... read more
Poppy Bank
Posted by: RPadorr  |   2 votes  |  1 answer
I had started an application for a Cd at Poppy Bank. Did not allow for completing it because the funds were not available from another cd which was maturing in a few days. I called... read more
% Of Liquid $ To Short Term CD Specials When Rates Are Rising?
Posted by: Jacques321  |   6 votes  |  3 answers
What are your thoughts on parsing out liquid (savings) account balances into shorter term CD specials in this (prospective) rising interest rate environment? Langley’s new 1.25%... read more
T Mobile Money
Posted by: pwj7050  |   2 votes  |  1 answer
Why isn’t the 1% APY yielding T Mobile Money account listed in the checking account section listing the checking accounts and yields in declining yield order?... read more
Purchase Of An I-Bond For A Minor Grandchild
Posted by: MY2CENTSWORTH  |   1 vote  |  5 answers
Hello, quick question/clarification. Is it possible for me as a grandparent to purchase I-Bond's for my minor grandchildren as a gift directly from my Treasury Direct Account or do... read more
Historic Rates
Posted by: aelxnervo  |   1 vote  |  1 answer
How do you see the historic interest rates?... read more
Pimco Income PONAX
Posted by: CDmanFL  |   1 vote  |  11 answers
Hello Friends, In our search for yield, I came across PIMCO Income Fund. You can buy it at the major brokerage firms with no load. Symbol is PONAX. It yields a consistent monthly r... read more
I Bonds For Husband And Wife
Posted by: Ratesaver  |   1 vote  |  2 answers
Decided to purchase i bonds however some questions i am hoping someone will fill me in on... I open an acc. do I need to also open another acc. if I purchase bonds for her... 10,00... read more

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact [email protected] to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.