Ask a question

Ask The Community

Take advantage of the knowledgeable community by asking your banking question here. You might first review past questions and answers via the Frequently Asked Questions links and search box below. Thank you to all community members who contribute their knowledge and experiences to help point others in the right direction!

Frequently Asked Questions

FDIC Coverage on Identity Theft Investing in International CDs
What Happens to CD Upon Death? Effect of Rising Interest Rates on CDs
IRA CD Distribution or Transfer Selling Brokered CDs
Inheritance Taxes and POD Accounts Track Down Old CD from Closed Bank
Annuities as Alternative to CDs Historical Bank Statements – How Far Back

Latest Questions

Banks That Do Medallion Stamp?
Posted by: John19  |   1 vote  |  32 answers
Late to the I bond party, I haven't been able to get a Medallion Stamp to verify my account. Tried Wells Fargo, Chase, Union Bank with no luck. Can't use Bank of America either.&nb... read more
Why Are Treasury Yields Sinhking
Posted by: hank  |   7 votes  |  24 answers
The markets starting to price in a recession and I guess that's why but it's very bothersome when I had been expecting yeilds for 5 year cds to start shooting up. Now is raises a q... read more
Switch From Savings To No-Penalty CD?
Posted by: StayinAlive  |   1 vote  |  1 answer
1. CIT Bank recently raised their Savings Connect rate to 1.35%, and their no-penalty CD to 1.4%. With rates expected to continue rising, is there any benefit, other than the addit... read more
What Is Your CD Strategy For Rising Rates
Posted by: Wonder  |   7 votes  |  15 answers
Just curious how long to wait before starting to purchase CDs? Have a substantial amount to invest. What are your thoughts?... read more
Best Bank To Work As A Hub Account
Posted by: brightstar  |   2 votes  |  24 answers
Moving money from one bank to another very quickly is the requirement. All suggestions welcome. Thanks... read more
Bond Question:
Posted by: Cdbob  |   1 vote  |  0 answers
Anyone have experience on the likelihood of secondary cd bonds being called?... read more
Flex Index CD
Posted by: Beammmm  |   3 votes  |  1 answer
https://www.merchantsbankofindiana.com/ Looking for opinions on Flex Index CD offer from this bank Flex Index CD Finally, a certificate of deposit that keeps pace with a changing ... read more
IRA Cds: Any Place That Allows BOTH Yearly Add-Ons AND Allows Penalty-Free Partial Withdrawals?
Posted by: racecar  |   3 votes  |  3 answers
If you have an IRA CD, most places will waive the EWP if taking a MANDATORY RMD on a TRADITIONAL IRA CD. However, most will NOT waive the EWP on a Roth IRA (since a Roth doesn't re... read more
CD Rate Connexus Decreased
Posted by: Chas21  |   1 vote  |  5 answers
I have a CD At Connexus 3. 5% for five years Comes due in 2024 . Question do I need to be concerned because they are lowering their rates when everybody else is raising them Chas... read more
LOWEST CURRENCY CONVERSION CHARGED DURING SWIFT WIRE TRANSFER
Posted by: JINAYAKO  |   1 vote  |  2 answers
IN THE PAST I HAVE DONE CURRENCY CONVERSION FROM GBP TO USD. BANK OF AMERICA CHARGES A REDICULIOUSLY HIGH RATE OF 3%. THE SAME GOES FOR BANK DRAFT CONVERSION CHARGES. I AM LOOKING... read more

The financial institution, product, and APY (Annual Percentage Yield) data displayed on this website is gathered from various sources and may not reflect all of the offers available in your region. Although we strive to provide the most accurate data possible, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The content displayed is for general information purposes only; always verify account details and availability with the financial institution before opening an account. Contact [email protected] to report inaccurate info or to request offers be included in this website. We are not affiliated with the financial institutions included in this website.