Home Loan Investment Bank, F.S.B. Reviews

Horrible Experience

If I could rate a zero I would. YEARS ago, I went through HLIB for a loan for a new roof for my house. At the time, I honestly did not even know it was considered a lien against my mortgage. I thought it was just a loan. Not a huge deal, as I paid it off early (within 2 years). Recently (YEARS later), I tried to re-finance my home and it was STILL showing as a lien. VERY long story short, they said they had sent me the pay off paperwork and that I WAS SUPPOSED TO FILE IT WITH THE COURTS. I am 50 years old and have had a lot of loans in my life. NEVER have I had to do that. They offered to re-send me the paperwork at a 50.00 fee. Another LONG story short and a lot of arguing, they finally waived the fee. After 2 reminders and @ 4 months, I finally received the paperwork. I now have to go file it with the courts. I find this ridiculous!! Any lender worth anything should do this for their customers. BEWARE if you have had a loan with this company. I would do a search to see if you have any liens. It does NOT show up on your credit report. It only bites you when you try and re-finance, sell, etc. Dealing with this company has has been a nightmare!!

Worst Customer Service I Have Ever Experience With A Bank.

Worst customer service. Hopefully you do not need to get a hold of loan servicing because they will not return emails, will not answer phone, and their voicemail box is full. And their online system is always broken, good luck getting someone to follow back up.

Offer Different Rates For Online & Local

Their 14 Month CD is with the good rate is not available online... just locals.

18 Month E-Cd

Worst customer service I ever had in my life . I opened an e-cd and finally got it through on the date the cd rate of 3.15 APY expired )8-10-2018. I put in a few days before that date but they showed it went through on 0810-18 . I managed to see my cd on line through their site but I never could make a copy of the cd it self ... Under documents it says must have adobe reader which I installed and it keeps saying there are no statements ... No matter how many times I call they fail to answer me back and last time I waited 5 days ... When I explained I wanted a copy of the e-papers I signed with my account number , the amount of c-d , and all other paper work like I get in any other cd I've ever filled out ... The woman put me on hold as I waited patiently when she said she will find out and put me on hold . I waited 15+ minuets and then I was hung up on and tried to call back for days with no return call ... I also put my request in writing for someone to call me back with my Ph. # and account # . I've had bad customer service before but this bank is absolutely the worst I've ever experienced in my 57+ years of life ... Please let me know what you think of their service as if I do not hear from them I will go to the FED's and report them . All I want is a copy of my C.D. I will print it .. I just asking how I go about getting it...

Equifax Verification

Failed identity verification several times. What?
According to customer service no other method e.g. faxed ID documents is available.
Unfriendly bank.

Application Form From Heck

Its a great rate...but be prepared for the worst bank application form ever .....make sure you know when your house was built...the cost ..how many ''months'' you have lived in the house etc etc etc ...it is a real pain !!! but i eventually got it right ..if the rate was not the best ...i would have given up many times

Completely Botched Application Process And Incompetent Customer Service

I applied for the 3.15%?APY 18 month CD on Wednesday, 7/25/18. After answering the identity verification questions correctly, a notice appeared onscreen that I had failed to answer correctly, but then I received an email stating that the account application was accepted.

On Thursday I received an email asking I provide a utility bill which I did and then on Friday I received an email that the account was opened and that I should enroll in online banking and be sure to input my account number.

However, I was not provided an account number so I called the bank and spoke to a customer service person who was clueless. He couldn’t find my account number but assured me he would ask his superiors for help and call me either Saturday or latest Monday, 7/30/18.

Monday came and I had not received a call so I called and spoke to him at 2 PM but again he still couldn’t find the account number number. He said he would call me Tuesday at 2 PM. I don’t know why he had to wait until that late in the day so I angrily told him to find the account number while we were speaking or close the account.

He hung up on me and I called back 5 times and my calls went to voicemail.

I finally got through to another operator two hours later, but she couldn’t help me. She couldn’t even close the account so now if they try to fund the account through an ACH debit, I’m going to have to call my bank and reject the ACH.

This bank and its customer service staff are incompetent.

I will not entrust my money with them. Good luck to those who do.