United Community Bank (GA) Reviews

Really Awesome Bank

Posted by: Bwhite34 | Jan 24, 2015

I really love United Community Bank. After being screwed over by Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) multiple times, I have come to love my United Community Bank account. To this day, they have never did me wrong in terms of my account balance. Many times I would be about to call them about a charge, only to find out that same day they took it off without me asking! Also, the staff is very nice, from helping me delete certain accounts to even notarizing difficult documents (like when I was trying to apply to West at Home). I truly commend the nice, courteous bank staff. It is great to have an awesome local bank to bank with, rather than a big, impersonal corporation. More bang for your buck!

Don't Do Business With United Community Bank

I was so misrepresented bank I have ever worked with. They lured me in as a customer and did not do one thing they said they would . I would never suggest anyone doing business with this bank. I closed everone of my accounts within 6 months.

Forget Afterhours

Posted by: HunyBahr | Mar 26, 2012

UCB is the pits. Their on-line banking is years behind. The ABILITY to talk to someone about a debit card or ATM problem is non-existant. Even credit unions have access afterhours to speak to someone when there is a problem. Not UCB. They expect someone to tell their boss in this economy - hey I gotta contact my bank so I can't work my job. And when you do get UCB better plan on a run around, multiple transfers, and finally to be put on hold. Never known it to take less than 1/2 the day to deal with them. And it's always a problem at their end. Some reason their system wasn't functioning and caused abc.....

Problem again today. I have money in the bank. I balance almost daily. I stop at the grocery store - my debit card states insufficient funds and rejects. I go home - nope online banking agrees with me - plenty of money in the bank for the transactions Try to call UCB afterhours access to see what it states the balance is. I can't. It keeps telling me my PIN isn't my PIN. You know the same one I used yesterday.

Your Local Bank

Posted by: Anonymous | Mar 6, 2012

The bank does fine on service, but i'm still leery of where they've been financially, and it's a tad too early to put everything there. The health rating system provided by depositaccounts.com is a very good indicator, but it's not everything. Do your homework.....

PISS POOR BANKING !!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | Jan 10, 2012

This is a very poorly operated bank, they also have nice new buildings and have raised or added new fees to customer services to pay for all the new buildings. I have banked here for about one year and have moved all business here, a big mistake on my part. They are poorly trained, and will open your accounts wrong and then you have to deal with so called customer service. The online banking is a joke even when it works, good luck with that.

AWFUL BANK

Posted by: Anonymous | Jul 20, 2011

The biggest waste of time was opening an account at this bank. It's horrible. They are underhanded and dirty, and don't respect any of the people they do business with.

Preditory Lender - Buyer Beware

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 22, 2011

We had a mortgage loan with this bank and ran into financial difficulty a couple of years ago. We fell behind and then secured more income and made an offer to the bank to let us pick up the payments and put the past due payments on the end of the loan. They decided to foreclose instead.

They then reported the loan as outstanding every month (even after selling the property) until several phone calls. They then corrected the posting to "foreclosure", but extended the life on this negative rating by one year by their incorrect reporting for a year. They are still showing a balance due to the credit bureau.

The promise to rectify, they promise to call back. These are all lies!

Nice Game Up Front

Posted by: kstm10 | Feb 11, 2011

UCBI, not impressed with them now,   this will be the shortest time i have ever had an account of any type with a bank, I'll say it will be about two months total time,I'm just glad I have not gone through with moving my business account and credit card processing over to them for my retail and online cc accounts

when someone treats you with such disrespect as I have just been treated by UCBI credit card department, I will leave, laugh at me once and it's your mistake, laugh at me twice my mistake, which will not happen.

I called with concerns on why we had such a joke of a offer on a cc, after a discussion and her not giving me a reason the lady just laughed at me over the phone when I told her it was about a insult of an offer,  that is a great way to handle a customer who is not real happy and a damn good way to be sure they loose our business!

I can only recommend NOT doing business with UCBI